Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Butterscotch Pudding Pretzel Cookies


I decided to try a different cookie recipe and thought these sounded interesting.  I liked the combination of the salty pretzel with the sweet cookie with butterscotch and toffee bits.  I made half the batch with chocolate chips added in and half without.  I preferred the addition of the chocolate chips.

Butterscotch Pudding Pretzel Cookies
Makes 4 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
2&1/2 cups flour
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 box (4-serving size) butterscotch instant pudding mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups mini pretzel twists, coarsely crushed
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350º

In a large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy.  Beat in dry pudding mix, then beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.  Stir in vanilla.   In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, soda, and salt, then beat into the cookie batter on low speed.  Stir in the crushed pretzels, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and toffee bits.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350º for 9-11 minutes until lightly brown.  Cool 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment