Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, August 28, 2016

S'mores Cookies

I decided to experiment a little and make a fun twist on a chocolate chip cookie.  I found a recipe online and tweaked it a bit to get the results I wanted.  They tasted great.  I made 4 dozen cookies to share with friends, and every last one was gone by the end of the day. :)

S'mores Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1&1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 to 1 cup mini marshmallows

Directions:
Use a mixer to cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy.  Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.

In another bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.  Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.  Stir in the chocolate chips.

Surround a marshmallow with dough to make a ball, a little larger than tablespoon-sized.  Place 12 balls of dough on a Silpat-lined (or greased) baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes at 350º.  Remove sheet from oven and press 1 to 3 marshmallows in the top of each cookie while they are still warm and not fully cooked.   Return to oven and bake about 3-4 minutes longer to finish cooking.  Cool on a wire rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment