Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, August 18, 2016

Hoisin Chicken Udon Noodles


I had some dry udon noodles in my cupboard and a lot of green onions in my garden, so I decided to make this Asian-inspired dish.  I chose not to add sriracha because I didn't have any on hand and it might have gotten too spicy for me.  Overall, it was a tasty meal.

Hoisin Chicken Udon Noodles
Serves 4

Ingredients:
8oz udon noodles
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (I skipped this)
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 small head broccoli, chopped into small florets
3 green onions, chopped
black pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook udon noodles according to package directions.  Drain well and rinse.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and sesame seed oil in a large skillet.  Add the chicken pieces and cook until chicken starts to brown slightly.  Add the ginger, garlic, and broccoli, and cook for a couple more minutes.  Add the soy sauce, hoisin, sriracha, and chicken broth, and bring to a boil.  Add the noodles and stir until everything is heated through.   Serve with green onions as a garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment