Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Baked Yellow Squash Chips


I had a couple leftover summer squash to use and thought this would be a fun way to eat my vegetables. Plus I had leftover Cotija cheese that I needed to use which replaces Parmesan well.  I liked these little bites.  Of course, everything tastes better with Parmesan bread crumbs, right?  Zucchini would work well for this recipe too.

Baked Yellow Squash Chips

Ingredients:
2 yellow squash or zucchini, sliced into 1/4"-1/2" rounds
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Panko or regular breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used Cotija cheese this time)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450º.  Line a baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on top.  Lightly coat rack with cooking spray.

In one bowl, combine squash and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and seasonings.   Dip the slices of squash into the breadcrumb mixture and coat on both sides, pressing to make it stick.  Place the squash in a single layer on the wire rack.

If desired, lightly spray the squash with cooking spray to ensure a crunchier texture.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chips are a golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment