Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Weeknight Beef Chili


Simple and good crockpot recipe to warm your bones on a winter day.  We added a little shredded cheese from the fridge that we wanted to use up and I made some corn bread muffins and a side salad to accompany the chili.  This would also be good with elbow macaroni for chili-mac.

Weeknight Beef Chili
from Slow Cooker Revolution Vol 2
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1 (15oz) can kidney beans, rinsed
1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
1&1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon minced chipotle chili
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the beef just until no longer pink.  Mix in the chili powder, tomato paste, garlic, and cumin.  Transfer to a medium Slow Cooker.  Stir in the remaining ingredients and add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.  Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.   Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment