Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, October 26, 2014

Chicken and Broccoli Sauced Pasta



The Wheel of Meals landed on Slow Cooker

I made this recipe based on a photo in the cookbook.  It was good, but there are non-crockpot steps to the recipe (like cooking the pasta and the broccoli separately).   I served it in a bowl because of the super delicious broth in the slow cooker which you can't really see in the photo.   I just wanted to slurp that all up.


Chicken and Broccoli Sauce
Recipe from Slow Cooker Revolution
Makes enough to sauce 1 pound of pasta

Ingredients:
1 onion, minced
1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed, patted dry, and sliced
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme  (or 1 teaspoon dried)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons Minute tapioca
1&1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
salt and pepper
12 ounces broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces (4&1/2 cups)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
cooked pasta of your choice

Directions:
Microwave onion, 1/4 cup tomatoes, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, thyme, and red pepper flakes in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.  Transfer to slow cooker.

Stir broth, wine, and tapioca into the slow cooker.  Season chicken with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.  Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4 to 6 hours on low.

Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred into bite-sized pieces and return to slow cooker.

Microwave broccoli with remaining tablespoon oil in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes.  Add to the sauce.  Stir in the Parmesan cheese and remaining 1/4 cup tomatoes.   Before serving, season with salt and pepper.   Serve over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment