Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, June 20, 2013

Veggie Squares Appetizer


This is my go-to picnic appetizer when I need to bring a dish to share for a large group.  It's a yummy way to eat my veggies.  I don't think I've posted the recipe yet though, so here it is.


Anne's Veggie Squares

Ingredients:
2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls dough (I used the seamless dough)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup reduced-fat Miracle Whip
1 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
~1-2 cups broccoli florets
~1-2 cups cauliflower florets
~1 cup diced green bell pepper
~1 cup diced seeded tomato
~1 cup diced zucchini
~1/4 cup chopped onion
~2 tablespoons shredded carrot

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°F.   Press dough onto bottom and up side of 15x10x1-inch baking pan to form crust.  Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown; cool.

Mix cream cheese, dressing, dill and onion salt until well blended.  Spread over crust; top with remaining ingredients.  Refrigerate.  Cut into squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment