Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, April 17, 2022

Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting



Another Easter recipe:  Carrot Cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.   I really liked how they turned out.  I chose to leave out the nuts and raisins since some people don't like them, and I think it made the cupcakes lighter to eat.  I made a cream cheese carrot decoration for fun.

Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Makes 18 cupcakes

Ingredients:
1&1/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1&1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup applesauce
1&1/2 cups finely grated and peeled carrots (about 2-3 medium carrots)
Optional:  up to 1 cup chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans
Optional: up to 1/2 cup raisins

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1&1/2 cups butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350º F.  In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.  Whisk in the oil, eggs, and applesauce, stirring until well combined.  Using a spatula, fold in the carrots (and nuts and raisins if desired).  

Divide the batter between 18 cupcake liners in a cupcake tin, filling about 2/3 full.  Bake at 350º F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pan for a few minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool to room temperature before frosting.

Frosting Directions:
Beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.  Beat in vanilla and salt.  Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing on low speed until combined.  Increase to high speed and beat for a couple minutes until smooth and spreadable.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment