Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Slow Cooker 3-Packet Pot Roast


 
We had a Roast in our freezer that we wanted to use, and I found a simple recipe online.  It was seasoned great and super delicious, one of those things that taste better than they look.  I served it over egg noodles, but it would be equally great over rice, potatoes, or in a pulled pork sandwich.  We had lots of leftovers and wish I would have frozen half of it.

Slow Cooker 3-Packet Pot Roast
6-8 servings

Ingredients:
3-4 pound boneless roast (beef chuck or pork shoulder butt)
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon oil
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 tablespoon dried chopped onions (or 1/2 onion, diced)
1 can (14.5oz) beef broth
1/4 cup water 
baby carrots (optional)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons cold water

Directions:
Heat a large skillet over high heat and add oil.   Season roast with salt and pepper.  Sear the meat in the skillet on all sides just to brown the outside.  (This browning step is optional but recommended)

Transfer meat to a slow cooker.  Sprinkle the seasoning mixes and onions over the roast.  Pour the broth and 1/4 cup water over the roast.   Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours.  You can add baby carrots or chopped celery during the last 2-3 hours of the cook if desired.

In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water.  Pour mixture into broth in slow cooker and stir.  Shred the meat using 2 forks (it should easily fall apart) and stir.  Turn heat to high and cook for 30 minutes to allow the gravy to thicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment