Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Parmesan Baked Tomatoes and Herbed Salmon in Foil

 

Our garden currently has a lot of ripe tomatoes, so I decided to make an easy baked side dish to go with our salmon.  I liked this recipe because I was also able to use my fresh herbs.  I was never a fan of tomatoes as a kid, but I'm slowly learning to enjoy them.  I like them better cooked than raw.  The Parmesan breadcrumbs gave it a tasty little crunch on top.  The salmon was also very good.


Parmesan Baked Tomatoes

Ingredients:
2-3 large ripe tomatoes, halved
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons cup bread crumbs (I used Panko)
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1-2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (I used parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme)
1-2 teaspoons olive oil or melted butter


Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, herbs, and oil.

Place tomatoes on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.  Top with breadcrumb mixture.  Bake at 400º F for 10 minutes until crumbs are lightly browned.

***

Herbed Salmon in Foil

Ingredients:
2 Salmon filets
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, minced
~1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped (I used parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme)
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Directions:
Place salmon in the center of a large sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet.

In a bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, and herbs.   Season the salmon with salt and pepper and pour the herb mixture evenly all over the salmon.  Sprinkle lemon juice over the top.

Wrap the salmon in the foil and bake at 400º for about 12-15 minutes until salmon is cooked to an internal temperature of 145º (time depends on size of salmon).  Unwrap salmon and then broil for a couple minutes until the top is slightly browned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment