Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Lemon-Thyme Cod with Garlic Potatoes


The grocery store had cod fillets on sale, so I found this recipe which also used fresh thyme from my herb garden.  It was good enough to make again I thought, but next time I'd only use one baking potato instead of two.

Lemon-Herb Cod with Crispy Garlic Potatoes
from The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 russet potatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
2 (6-8oz) skinless cod fillets
1 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 pieces
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 lemon, thinly sliced

Directions:
Coat a baking dish with cooking spray or oil.  Toss potatoes with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Shingle potatoes in the baking dish in 2 long piles.  Roast at 425º for 30-35 minutes until spotty brown and just tender.

Pat cod dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.  Place 1 fillet over each pile of potatoes.  Top with butter pieces, thyme sprigs, and lemon slices.  Roast for about 15 minutes until fish flakes easily and reaches 140º.  Slide spatula under potatoes and fish to transfer to plates.



No comments:

Post a Comment