Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Dulce de Leche Banana Cream Pie


I decided to try a new recipe for Easter.  It was good, but there was a little too much caramel which was too runny in the bottom layer, making a mess in the pie plate.  I was surprised that it never set because I had refrigerated the pie for a full 24 hours.  It still tasted good though, and it was really easy to prepare.  I much prefer my other Banana Cream Pie recipe which is more of a Banana Pudding Cream Pie and I'd stick with that next time.  Still, here is the recipe for all the caramel lovers.  The only changes I made to the original recipe were using a pre-made graham cracker crust and store-bought whipped cream to save time, and those changes are reflected in the directions.

Dulce de Leche Banana Cream Pie
Adapted from Food Network Channel website

Ingredients:
1 graham cracker crust
4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 (8 oz) tub of Cool Whip
1 cup store-bought dulce de leche (Caramel Sweetened Condensed Milk)
3 medium bananas, sliced
1/2 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts (for garnish)

Directions:
Using a hand-held mixer, whip the cream and butter at medium speed until fluffy.  Add the powdered sugar and cinnamon, and whip at low speed until just combined.  Fold in the whipped cream.

Spread the dulce de leche over the crust and top with the sliced bananas, forming 2 layers of bananas if necessary.  Spread the whipped topping mixture over the top.  Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
To serve, top the pie with a border of chopped peanuts.  Warm some dulce de leche in the microwave until melted and drizzle over the pie.




No comments:

Post a Comment