Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tomato-Basil Soup


I've been searching for ways to use my fresh basil.   Here's another good recipe, especially if you want dinner in a hurry.  It was fast and easy and it tasted pretty good too.   My grilled cheese sandwich had a mix of gruyère and sharp white cheddar. Yum.

Tomato-Basil Soup
Recipe from Cooking Light: One Dish Meals
Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
28-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
4 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.  Add onion and saute 3 minutes.  Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute.  Add basil and tomatoes; bring to a boil.  Stir in cream cheese.  

Place mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.  Return mixture to the pan and add milk; season with salt and pepper.  Return to medium-high heat and cook for 2 minutes until heated through.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment