Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Grilled Pork Chops with Herb Pesto and Green Beans Hobo Pack


It's been awhile since I posted a recipe I made.  I'm super excited about my first-time herb garden in the back yard.  The chives, thyme, and basil are doing especially well right now, so I wanted to use them and I also wanted to grill since it was such a nice day.   The pork chops were delicious.  We had to grill them a little longer than the recipe stated since our chops were larger.  The grilled green beans were good too.



Pork Chops with Herb Pesto
Adapted from Taste of Home Grill It

Ingredients:
4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4" thick and 7oz each)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon each minced fresh rosemary, basil, thyme, parsley, chives
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced

Directions:
Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.  In a small bowl, combine the water, herbs, oil, and garlic.  Rub over both sides of chops.  Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.

Grill chops, covered, over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145º.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

*****


Green Beans Hobo Pack
From Better Homes and Gardens Grill It

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh green beans
1 small shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
Make 2 large squares of aluminum foil and place on top of each other.  Place the beans, shallot, and garlic in the center.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.   Bring up 2 opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold.  Fold remaining edges to completely enclose veggies.

Grill packet over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, turning packet occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment