Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, November 8, 2014

Pulled Pork and Caramelized Onion Quesadillas


We had a lot of leftover pulled pork and didn't feel like having pulled pork sandwiches AGAIN (even though they were good), so we decided to mix it up a little and make these yummy quesadillas.   The caramelized onions were a delicious addition to the pork.  I tried my wedges a couple ways: with a BBQ sauce drizzle (yum!) and with a homemade guacamole (double yum!).  Jeremy ate his plain and liked them that way too.

Pulled Pork and Caramelized Onion Quesadillas
Makes 4 quesadillas

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 large yellow onion, sliced
pinch of brown sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
8 medium tortillas
2 cups cooked pulled pork
2 cups shredded pepperjack (or any type) cheese
BBQ sauce for dipping (optional)
guacamole for dipping (optional)

Directions:
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.  Once melted, add the olive oil and onions, stirring occasionally, until they are deep golden brown and caramelized, about 20-30 minutes.  Add a pinch of brown sugar and season with salt and pepper.  Remove from heat and set aside.

Lay 4 tortillas flat and divide cheese evenly.  Add pulled pork and caramelized onions and place second tortillas on top.

If using a quesadilla maker (like I did), preheat and cook each one for 3-5 minutes.

For stovetop, heat a large skillet over medium heat.  Add 1/2 tablespoon butter and let melt.  Add a single quesadilla and cook for 2-4 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.  Flip and cook for another 2-4 minutes on the other side.   Serve with a drizzle of BBQ sauce if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment