Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, December 20, 2012

Auntie Pam's Chili Con Carne (Soup #6)


In preparation of what everyone is calling the "snowpocalypse," I decided to make another soup recipe from my Bridal Shower collection.  Jeremy and I felt like we wanted something meaty to warm us up through the foot of snow that is forecasted, so we settled on a chili recipe.  This one was given to me by my Maid-of-Honor, Rachel, and her mom, Pam.

We took a few liberties with the recipe, adding macaroni and more chili powder and hot pepper sauce.  I also sprinkled some Cayenne pepper in there.  I probably could have used even more.  We made corn muffins to accompany it.  I'm posting the adjusted version of Pam's recipe to reflect what I actually made.  It was delicious.

Chili-Mac
Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
1 pound ground chuck
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
28oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
6oz can tomato paste
1 can condensed tomato soup
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 can pinto beans
Elbow macaroni

Directions:
In a large sauce pot, brown meat with onion and garlic.  Add remaining ingredients except the pinto beans and macaroni; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1&1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.  Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.  Add macaroni and pinto beans to pot and cook until heated.    Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment