Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Grilled Swordfish (2012 - Week 25)

Week 25 Featured Ingredient: Swordfish
I saw a recipe for Swordfish in a Grilling magazine and decided to make it this week's featured ingredient.  We chose a very simple marinade and recipe, but the swordfish steaks tasted great.  They were moist and flaky and really good.  We both enjoyed them.  I also made grilled vegetable kabobs marinated in Italian dressing, and I really liked the flavor the grill gave the veggies, but Jeremy wasn't a fan.  He thought the concept of veggies on a stick was "weird."  I think it's weird that I liked the veggies and he didn't.  Very odd indeed. 


Grilled Swordfish

8oz swordfish steaks
teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:  
Marinate swordfish in teriyaki sauce for at least 10 minutes.  Grill steaks over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side, basting frequently with melted butter, until fish flakes easily with fork.  Season with garlic powder and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment