Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pizza Spam Bake (2012 - Week 19)



Week 19 Featured Ingredient: Spam

Jeremy came home with a can of Spam, so I decided I might as well use it.  This was a good recipe.  Can't go wrong with hiding the spam in a cheesy casserole.  In the future, I would use less cheese and more sauce.  I used Wisconsin Badger pasta... you can see the W-shaped red and white pasta if you look closely (well, more like pink and off-white).  :)

Pizza Spam Bake
Serves: 6-8

Ingredients:
1 (16oz) package elbow macaroni (or other pasta)
1 (12oz) can SPAM, cubed
1 cup Hormel Pepperoni, cubed
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (16oz) jar pizza sauce
2 pinches salt
1 pinch pepper
1/2 tablespoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
4 cups (16 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the Spam, pepperoni, and onion in oil until lightly browned.  In a large bowl, combine macaroni, Spam mixture, pizza sauce, and seasonings.  Slowly stir in 3 cups mozzarella cheese.  Transfer to a large casserole dish or 9x13" baking pan.  Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.   Cover and bake at 350º for 30 minutes.  Uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment