Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tuna Cheese Melt


Although it was nothing fancy, this was a very easy sandwich to prepare and it was extremely fast--ready to eat in 5 minutes.  The sour cream added a little zip to the tuna melt, making a creamy blend along with the melted cheese.  I don't normally enjoy sour cream, but it was good in this recipe.  I would definitely make this tuna melt again because of its speed and ease.

Tuna Cheese Melt
1 serving, 300 calories

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons light sour cream
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
2 slices light rye bread
1/2 can (3 oz) tuna, drained
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1 slice reduced fat cheddar or American cheese
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:
Combine sour cream and garlic salt; spread on one side of each slice of bread.   In a small bowl, combine tuna and mayo; spread on one slice of bread.  Top with cheese and remaining bread slice. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.  Add sandwich.  Cook until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment