Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Creamy Pesto Chicken




I had leftover basil pesto, so I made this easy chicken dish.  It was creamy and delicious.  There was more sauce than I was expecting, and with the leftovers, we added some cooked pasta into the skillet and tossed with the pesto sauce which tasted really great (photo below).

Creamy Pesto Chicken
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~1.3 lbs total)
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (I just used a couple handfuls from my garden)
1/3 cup milk plus 1 tablespoon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup basil pesto

Directions:
Pound the chicken to an even thickness and cut each in half to make 4 total portions.  Season each side with salt and pepper.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon oil.  Add the chicken and cook on each side until golden brown and cooked through, about 5-10 minutes, depending on thickness.  Remove to a plate.

Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the empty skillet.  Add the garlic and tomatoes and sauté for 3-5 minutes until tomatoes start to soften.  Add the milk, butter, and pesto into the skillet and stir to combine.  Allow the sauce to simmer for a couple minutes.

Add the chicken back into the skillet and turn to coat the chicken with the sauce.  Allow the chicken to simmer in the sauce for a couple minutes to reheat.  Serve hot.





No comments:

Post a Comment