Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Brown Butter Sage Skillet Chicken


 
I have a lot of sage growing in my herb garden so I decided to make this easy dinner.  The picture doesn't look the best because I overbrowned the sage a bit, but it still tasted good.  I really liked the buttery crispy sage.  I crumbled it into my couscous too.  

Brown Butter Sage Skillet Chicken

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
salt and pepper
1/3 cup flour
6 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup fresh sage leaves
juice of 1/2 lemon, use other half for serving wedges
1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth

Directions:
Season each side of chicken with salt and pepper and dredge each piece in flour in a shallow dish to lightly coat.

Add 2 tablespoons butter plus 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  When butter melts, add chicken and sauté for 3-5 minutes per side until golden and cooked through.  Remove to a plate and cover with foil.  Set aside.

Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter to skillet.  Once butter melts, add sage leaves and let brown and bubble for a minute or two.  Remove sage to a paper towel-lined plate.   

Add lemon juice and wine or broth to the butter in the skillet and stir well.   Let the sauce reduce and thicken a little and return chicken to the skillet to re-warm for a couple minutes, spooning sauce over chicken.  Serve chicken with sauce and top with sage.  Garnish with a lemon wedge.  


No comments:

Post a Comment