Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hamburger Noodle Casserole


This was a yummy dinner!  I served it with a side salad, and the meal was perfectly satisfying.  I was very pleased that the dish was so hearty and under 300 calories.  I liked the extra flavor of the cheesy center with the ricotta, sour cream, and cream cheese.  I normally dislike ricotta, but it added a creaminess to this recipe that elevated the sophistication of the casserole.  The recipe yield was too large for me, so I cut it in half and baked it in a 9x9" square pan.  Now I'll have some delicious leftovers to heat up at work.  :)

Hamburger Noodle Casserole    
(Serves 10; 290 calories/serving)
From: Taste of Home's Comfort Food Diet Bookazine

Ingredients:
5 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
1&1/4 lbs lean ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
1 package (8 oz) reduced-fat cream cheese
1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar chese

Directions:
Cook noodles according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook beef and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain.   Stir in the tomato sauce, seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper; heat through.  Drain cooked noodles and stir into beef mixture.

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta, and sour cream until blended.  Stir in half the onions.

Spoon half of the beef-noodle mixture into a 13x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Top with cream cheese mixture and remaining beef-noodle mixture.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.  Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.  Sprinkle with remaining onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment