Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, August 26, 2022

Baked Pesto Salmon



This is one of my favorite recipes using basil pesto.  Easy, fast, and delicious.  Roasting the cherry tomatoes made them quite sweet which created a really nice bite with the saltier pesto on the salmon.  We had a side of cilantro rice as well as a cucumber salad from my garden.


Baked Pesto Salmon

Ingredients:
Salmon fillets, about 6oz each
salt and pepper
homemade basil pesto (see below)
cherry tomatoes, halved  

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425º F.   Place salmon filets, skin side down, in a baking dish.  Arrange tomatoes around the salmon.   Season the salmon with salt and pepper.  Spread a couple tablespoons of pesto over each salmon filet.  You can be as generous as you like.  Bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes until the fish is moist and flaky (to about 140º).


*******************


Basil Pesto (makes 1 cup):
2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed 
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Add basil and nuts to a food processor and pulse a few times.  Add cheese and garlic and pulse several times more, scraping the sides of the bowl.  While the food processor runs, slowly add oil in a thin, steady stream, occasionally stopping to scrape the sides to get a uniform paste.  Season with salt and pepper.







No comments:

Post a Comment