Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, September 3, 2022

Polish Kielbasa and Pierogi Casserole (Instant Pot)



We had some frozen pierogies in the freezer that we wanted to use, so I found this hearty recipe.  It was cheesy and creamy and delicious, and I don't even want to know the calorie count.  We were skeptical of the 1 minute pressure cook time, but it worked!

Polish Kielbasa and Pierogi Casserole (Instant Pot)
Makes 4-6 servings

Ingredients:
4 slices of bacon, chopped
1 cup diced onion
1 (12-14 oz) package of Polish kielbasa, sliced into 1/4" rounds
1 cup chicken broth
14 oz package frozen pierogies
1/2 cup frozen peas 
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese

Directions:
Set Instant Pot to Sauté.  When hot, add bacon and cook until crispy.  Add onion and sauté in the bacon grease for a few minutes.  Stir in the sliced sausage and let it brown for a couple minutes.

Pour in the broth and scrape any bits sticking to bottom of pot.  Dump in the frozen pierogies and peas.  Add the cream cheese on top.

Cover Instant Pot and pressure cook on LOW for 1 minute (yes, only 1 minute).  Let naturally release for 5 minutes.  Open lid and gently stir to fully incorporate the cream cheese.  Sprinkle the shredded cheese over top and let it melt.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment