Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Saturday, June 11, 2022

Blackened Cod with Avocado-Cucumber-Tomato Salad




Really good.  I made up my own little recipe, throwing spices together to make a rub and tossing some veggies together for the salad.  The fish was perfectly flaky and flavorful and the salad was a nice cooling bite.  


Blackened Cod with Avocado-Cucumber-Tomato Salad
Serves 1

Ingredients:
Cod Fillet
Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon oregano

Salad:
Cucumber, chopped
Tomato, chopped
Avocado, chopped
Jalapeno pepper, chopped
Green onion, chopped
cilantro, chopped
olive oil
lime juice
salt and pepper

Directions:
Combine all the dry ingredients.  Generously rub all over the fish.   Heat oil in a hot skillet and cook fish a few minutes on each side until done.

Put chopped veggies in a bowl and toss with oil and lime juice.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Place in fridge until ready to serve with fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment