Welcome to my Food Blog!

Welcome! My name is Anne, aka ThePharmGirl. In 2010, I successfully made 100 recipes as a New Year's Resolution to expand my culinary repertoire and cooking skills beyond the frozen microwave dinner. This blog is a continuation of my culinary journey and serves as my personal virtual recipe box. Sometimes I like to have fun-- Check out my Muppet Mania Menu, The 12 Days of Christmas, and my Musical-themed recipes.

My current mission(s) for 2022: * Make 1 recipe/month from German baking book


Friday, October 29, 2010

Mom's Mini-Pizzas

So after making the stew, I had exactly one leftover Italian Turkey Sausage Link.  I suppose I could have just thrown it into the pot, but the stew really had enough meat.   And I suppose I could have just eaten it with bread and ketchup like a regular bratwurst, but I decided to get creative and make something fun.   So I made mini pizzas for lunch today using the extra link.  My mom used to make these for us kids a lot; I just made it lower calorie.

Anne's Mini Pizzas (based on Mom's Mini Pizzas)
345 calories total for 2 mini-pizzas  (not bad!)

I toasted one split Healthy Life Light English Muffin (90 calories) in the toaster and put it on a baking sheet.  I evenly divided 1/4 cup Ragu Light Tomato and Basil Sauce to spread on the English muffins (25 calories).  I sliced the one cooked turkey sausage link (160 calories) and arranged the slices over the sauce. Finally, I evenly divided 1/4 cup Reduced-Fat Mozzarella cheese (70 calories) over the muffins.  I baked them for about 5-6 minutes at 350º to get the sauce warm and cheese melted and that's it.   Super easy and delicious, and a wise way to use leftovers.  I paired it with grapes and a spinach salad for a pretty healthy lunch.


What creative or yummy recipe would YOU make with one Turkey Sausage Link?

No comments:

Post a Comment